The focus of this 22 year old financial technology company’s marketing effort was on sponsoring, speaking and attending industry events. Their Marketing & PR agency (which I joined) was responsible for media relations, case study development and entering industry awards. The company was looking to expand into new markets and regions, as well as increase market share for their core software product.
After joining the account in 2018, I saw an opportunity to build out their digital marketing capabilities to support lead generation and nurturing. In 2019 I introduced a mix of digital communications and marketing activities focused on nurturing leads at every stage of the buyer journey from awareness through to purchase, as well as retaining and up-selling to existing clients.
Activities were introduced over time and the tactical marketing mix today is made up of:
- Email marketing and social media (LinkedIn)
- Self-published thought leadership content
- A regularly updated website (following a major upgrade in 2020)
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Product webinars
- Media relations
- Industry awards
- Sponsored online industry events and digital content distribution
- Digital marketing activities are generating new leads for the business in new and existing markets.
- The investment in digital marketing set the firm up to transition to a purely online marketing strategy quickly and easily when lockdowns were implemented around the world due to the Covid-19 pandemic.